Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Walking Through Birmingham








I LOVE this city! It is so amazing to walk down the streets and see the old and new standing right next to each other. Which happens a lot in the "downtown" area of Birmingham. I have never seen anything like the little shops that line some of the streets. I have seen a butcher shop, and a sweet shop, and millions of others! Anyway here are some pictures of the streets near to my campus. (first two pictures) and the last picture is a canal near campus. Just so you know this city has more canals that Venice! Today I went on a walk with my roommates, and they showed me all around the campus, I feel like i really belong to the University now, becuase I know how to get places.






The next few pictures are the campus here. I am quite obsessed with the clock tower,I thinks it's really the most beautiful feature of the campus. I really enjoy walking around here. The sidewalks are ALWAYS wet, but it is not always raining. It is interesting, it takes forever for anything to dry here. When I get out of the shower, my hair takes twice as long to dry and my pants are never dry at the bottoms, from walking around and so on. I also bought a new coat that I am SO excited about, so I think it is worth mentioning. I think that I may post a picture of me wearing my coat, just because it makes me so happy! Not only that, but I have learned the bus system! I am officially at the stage of taking buses all by myself!
Any-who, tonight is my first night of Institue, and i really don't want to be late!

No comments: