Thursday, May 7, 2009

This is your life......are you who you want to be?

Um......switchfoot is my favorite :D *sigh* good song, good times.

I am not up to much (again) finals are insane and I barely made it through today, so I am feeling really grateful at the moment......trying hard not to think about tomorrow quite yet..... Anyway, here's a thought that has been dying to come out....

Last general conference Elder David A. Bednar suggested a comparison to the creation of the earth, to prayer. I had to read his argument a few times, before I felt I really understood. Just as a reminder, though I would hope that you would read it for yourself, He explains that “[the Lord God, created all things… spiritually, before they were naturally upon the face of the earth] (Moses 3:4–5)… meaningful morning prayer is an important element in the spiritual creation of each day.”

We have the power every day, to create our day. Now obviously, we are given the agency to do our will, and to put into motion the activities of our everyday life. But how often do we succumb to our own excuses, not enough money, not enough time, I am not that kind of person, I am trying my hardest, I just got so angry……

But I am talking more than just the daily struggle. I mean to suggest that we can create our environment, our opportunities, or even our personalities. Maybe I should say especially our personalities, I get so scared that I might be stuck with the habits, and character traits I have been taught, it gives me hope to think I might use this tool in overcoming natural tendencies. However I can see this being a very debatable subject, because sometimes it is hard to accept that we have to power to be happy, and we are choosing to be unhappy. It is much easier to believe that Life just handed us a bad hand. I don’t mean to minimize the pain of any suffering person. I just want to express my excitement and hope with rediscovering this tool this week.

I believe what I am talking about is what some call “the Secret” but I have decided that in Truth, prayer plays a crucial part in creating. When we have sufficiently grown so that we can have the faith it takes to rely on Heavenly Father’s will, and trust and believe. When we include Him so entirely in our lives that we are spiritually counseling, and creating every detail of our lives here, we will be to the point where prayer is being used as it should be. No more victimization, only a deep belief in what “I can” and what “He can.” More than belief an actual knowledge that it works, which was a result faith, and the proof that will follow.

This is my act of faith, small as it may be. I believe this, and it is my goal to put it into action. Hence my brand new prayer rock, to remind me how important my morning prayers really are….



Kara Joy :D

No comments: