Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mistakes......

I actually had a request to update my blog! Hence.....the new update.

I am in Utah on a much less exciting adventure than my one to England. I basically came to satisfy my need to be a part of Salt Lake City. I have been spending all my time with old friends, and got to go to my best friends wedding reception (where I caught her bouquet, and I am thrilled about the possibility of what that might mean), and wandering around from friend to friend, and doing a LOT of thinking.




Most interesting, is that I have been spending most of my time, with my friend Brooke Walters, who was my very best friend in the whole world......in 4th grade! I haven't seen her in 12 years, and I found her on facebook, and she invited me to stay with her!

Brooke and I were talking about our agency. Sometimes it is SO hard to make a decisions, because what we want is to follow the will of Heavenly Father, however we don't always know exactly what that is. We just want to scream......just TELL me what to do! I will obey! I want to just use my agency to give up my agency in pure obedience! This way of life would be so much easier than worrying about mistakes that we might be making.... However, life is NOT that way, why is that? In fact, this idea of using our agency to give up our agency, is very similar to a plan I have heard before, and I KNOW was rejected!


Making mistakes is how we learn. I can see that you might read that and say "duh!" But i want you to think about it. Mistakes are actually a beautiful thing. My Organic Chemistry professor used to teach us over and over, that he can give us the answer to a problem and we can say "oh! I would have gotten that answer" but 90% of the time we do not know the subject, until we have done it on our own. Most likely done similar problems (especially retro synthesis) over and over and over, before we get the right answer to prove that we know.


In other words. It is one thing to study principles, and theology, and rhetorical, abstract ideas. It is another to practice them. This is why our life is the way it is! We have to make mistakes to be perfected, so we can learn the ways of perfection. I worry for hours and hours about the consequences of making a mistake, but what I need to remember is that "If our lives and our faith are centered on Jesus Christ and his restored gospel, nothing can ever go permanently wrong. "(Hunter)




Anyway..... Updates on everything else. Not really much..... I haven't been working, not in school.... and boys :D well.....I don't really ever talk about them on the blog anyway. Though, on a side note, I have developed this wonderful attraction to mushrooms. A certain mushroom to be exact ;)
Sorry for the really long blog update. I do try to keep them short. I guess sometimes i just have a lot to say!
KP




No comments: