Sunday, June 6, 2010

What I want: Part I

There are a couple things it is REALLY easy to say I want.

#1 I want quads



I think that when my family is out quadding, we bond better than we ever do. We are all happy, because we are having fun, and thrilled to be outdoors. We all get along together and we create memories that last forever. Every time I go way too crazy on an ATV, I feel a thrill, and I feel freedom, and I think I actually know what life is about. I think it is a fantastic habit for a family!

#2 I want a piano, and to teach all my kids to be musically talented



Playing the piano is the number 1 way to "unstressify" me. I NEED it, more than I can explain!

#3 I want to get married!

This is actually quite an accomplishment! I think I often rejected a home life, because I was scared of being trapped, and bored. But I think that I can have everything I want, while making my goal to be a mother in Israel my number one priority!

So these are the easy ones! Though I have to say, that number 3 was not easy to come by, and I only believe it about 87%, the resit is faith!

I have discovered something this week...... Cooking makes me happy! Literally, it doesn't take as long as I thought it did, and I can make and entire batch of cookies, and not eat a SINGLE COOKIE, and I am so happy that I have made others happy by making them!!!!! I have literally made several meals, and not eaten a single bite, and I get a huge amount of joy from it! Cooking makes me happy! As such, this new discovery brings a whole new list of wants!


#1 Fully stocked Pantry,

All the herbs, and seasonings you can thing of from cinnamon to curry!
Pots, and pans GALORE! Everything, mixing bowls, rolling pins, measuring, and a MIXER!

#2 GOOD (easy, practical, yummy) cookbooks!

#3 People, to feed!


I have a small cookbook, full of family favorites, my goal for the summer, is to cook EVERYTHING in the cook book. Though it is slightly unrealistic, (58 recipes) I think, like Julia and Julia is sounds really fun! I am glad to discover something else that makes me happy!

Joy!

1 comment:

Den said...

Kara, I definitely know where you're coming from on the marriage idea. I sometimes feel like life is nothing but some lame circle we're all trapped in and I felt like getting married was the peak but everything after that is just down hill. Like when you have kids you're supposed to just fade into the background and become another anonymous combination of three letters MOM.

The more and more I realize it, that's not how it is at all. Life is still life, and it can be so full no matter where you are on your journey. I'm not even close to having kids but to me now, that's not the end, it's not even the goal, it's just another HUGE adventure along the way. You'll know when the time is right, and you'll know when the guy is right, at least I did. I wish you the very very best of luck in achieving all of your dreams and goals.

PS: I LOVE cooking too! I also love eating, just in case you ever feel like cooking in Utah again:)